These twenty-one opinions about success offer us some variety, some consistency, some humor, and so much real wisdom. Enjoy!
1. Vacillating people seldom succeed. They seldom win the solid respect of their fellows. Successful men and women are very careful in reaching decisions, and very persistent and determined in action thereafter. – LG Elliott
2. Many of the most successful men I have known have never grown up. They have retained bubbling–over boyishness. They have relished wit, they have indulged in humor. They have not allowed “dignity” to depress them into moroseness. Youthfulness of spirit is the twin brother of optimism, and optimism is the stuff of which American business success is fashioned. Resist growing up! – BC Forbes.
3. I’d rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate. – George Burns.
4. We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible. – C Malesherbez.
5. We are at our very best, and we are happiest, when we are fully engaged in work we enjoy on the journey toward the goal we’ve established for ourselves. It gives meaning to our time off and comfort to our sleep. It makes everything else in life so wonderful, so worthwhile. – Earl Nightingale
6. Thirteen virtues necessary for true success: temperance, silence, order, resolution, frugality, industry, sincerity, justice, moderation, cleanliness, tranquility, chastity, and humility. – Benjamin Franklin
7. Success follows doing what you want to do. There is no other way to be successful. – Malcolm Forbes.
8. To bring oneself to a frame of mind and to the proper energy to accomplish things that require plain hard work continuously is the one big battle that everyone has. When this battle is won for all time, then everything is easy. – Thomas a Buckner
9. A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds. – Francis Bacon
10. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure. – Gen. Colin L Powell.
11. Enthusiasm for one’s goal lessens the disagreeableness of working toward it. – Thomas Eakins
12. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing. – Abraham Lincoln
13. Many people have the ambition to succeed; they may even have a special aptitude for their job. And yet they do not move ahead. Why? Perhaps they think that since they can master the job, there is no need to master themselves. – John Stevenson
14. A first-rate soup is better than a second-rate painting. – Abraham Maslow
15. If you have the will to win, you have achieved half your success; if you don’t, you have achieved half your failure. – David VA Ambrose.
16. Four steps to achievement: plan purposefully, prepare prayerfully, proceed positively, pursue persistently. – William a Ward
17. There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way. – Christopher Morley
18. Success is living up to your potential. That’s all. Wake up with a smile and go after life… Live it, enjoy, tasty, smell it, feel it. – Joe Kapp
19. How can they say my life is not a success? Have I not for more than sixty years got enough to eat and escaped being eaten? – Logan Pearsall Smith.
20. The art of dealing with people is the foremost secret of successful men. A man’s success in handling people is the very yardstick by which the outcome of his whole life’s work is measured. – Paul C Packe
21. Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success. – Swami Sivananda
© 2016 Live Today With Passion ·